Music videos are always fascinating. They enhance the soul of the songs that they represent. A song can be very popular after its video clips are presented to the public. This is why most artists pay very high attention to the details of creating their videos. These days, many artists even emphasize how entertaining their video clips are, instead of the quality of their songs. This is the main reason, why music video awards have become the most favorite shows worldwide.
How Music Videos Came To Public
We should be thankful for the existence of Music Television or MTV, which was the first music channel on television. Established at the beginning of the 80s, this channel turned out to be very popular within a very short time, as people could watch lots of music videos from their favorite singers that they might have never seen before. Three years after its establishment, this channel held the first Video Music Awards. It was exactly in 1984 that many artists like Madonna, David Bowie, and The Beatles won several awards. This award remains popular until now, regardless of so many video music awards from various channels.
It was not without any criticism, in which many senior artists claimed that these music videos were merely the show-off of the artists’ outer performance. Music videos performed the best sides of the artists, without even considering the vocal quality. While there were so many singers who were doing the lip-syncs in their music videos, the biggest tragedy occurred when the duo Milli Vanilli was caught in the act of singing with other people’s voices. Even if its members, Rob Pilatus and Fab Morvan later sang together with their original voices, they could not maintain their popularity until the death of Rob Pilatus who was died, due to being overdosed.
Fun Facts About Video Music Awards of All Time
Video Music Awards of MTV has remarkable stories from the first time it was held until now. Check these out and you will be surprised at how those famed artists were actually real human beings, who can make mistakes.
– 1992: The late Kurt Cobain was caught on a camera when he was spitting on a piano. He thought the piano will be used by Axl Rose. Surprisingly, Elton John used the piano to sing together with Axl Rose.
– 2000: Tim Commerford, the bassist of Rage Against the Machine was sentenced to jail for a night when he and his bodyguard climbed up the set scaffolding at the 2000’s VMA. The bodyguard was sentenced to jail, too.
– 2002: There was a quarrel between Eminem and Moby, as Eminem was upset when Moby told him that he was homophobic.
– 2005: It was the year for Spanish music videos to be nominated in several categories.
– 2009: Kanye West was drunk in the event, in which he was snatching the mike when Taylor Swift won an award. He told her that Beyonce deserved the award more than her.
All in all, music video awards from MTV or from other sponsors are always fascinating.